My little brother just had a birthday, so I asked him what he wanted and he requested his favorite chocolate crinkle cookies! These are a rich decant cookie that anyone who likes chocolate is sure to love!
Preheat oven 350 degrees F
1 box of moist chocolate cake mix
1 8 oz. block of cream cheese at room temperature
1 stick of butter at room temperature
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
powered sugar for rolling
Recipe adapted from here
1. Blend room temperature butter and cream cheese together in a large bowl with a hand mixer until well combined
2. Add vanilla and egg to the mixture until incorporated
3. Add the cake mix a little at a time. I usually add in three different parts
4. Refrigerate mixture for 2 hours. Then roll the cookies in teaspoon size balls and roll in powered sugar.
5. Bake for 12-14 minutes I like mine more like a cake but you can cook them for less time if you like a gooey center. Be careful when placing in the oven so none of the cookies roll off the pan* I speak from experience
The cookies are messy but totally worth it! Make sure your butter and cream cheese are at room temperature and you should have no problem getting everything combined. I have made these more times than I can count and they never disappoint.
You can add more powered sugar if desired once they are finished. I usually do not add anymore because once these are cooked the powered sugar turns into a glaze/icing so it is like you are eating a miniature cake.
I also recommend heating them in the microwave after they have been cooked for a few days, it will give them the fresh out of the oven taste.
I think my brother is going to really enjoy these chocolate crinkle cookies!