Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin Recipe
Lemon is so refreshing to me! I love lemon poppy-seed muffins so when I found this recipe I knew it was a must try. I had much better luck this week with my pin redo then last weeks skinny frosty.
Below is my finished muffin:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick) softened
- 1-3 tsp. lemon zest* see notes
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbs. sour cream
- 3 tsp. poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup milk
Recipe adapted from here
It was a pretty simple recipe to make and it was really yummy as well. I really recommend this recipe. The texture was my favorite part of these muffins and I love the little crunch from the poppy seeds.
Instructions for lemon poppy recipe
Preheat oven at 375
1. Start by creaming your butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer till light and fluffy.
2. Add eggs one at a time until incorporated, add in lemon zest and then fold in sour cream.
3. In another medium-sized bowl sift flour, baking powder and salt sit aside.
4. Next stir in poppy seeds, lemon juice and milk to wet ingredients.
5. Finally add dry ingredients a little at a time until all ingredients are incorporated.
Bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown and a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
Makes 16-18 regular sized muffins
*notes: These muffins do not have a very strong lemon flavor. If you want a strong lemon flavor then add more zest and lemon juice. If you like really strong lemon flavors you could possibly add zest and juice of 2 lemons and I do not think it would change recipe. I used a smaller size lemon.
Leave A Comment